Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aug 29-Last Voyage for Fred to Grandma's

We got up today in Mercer, Pa campground, had a nice breakfast and Fred is now on the last leg of his journey. We will end our day at Grandma's house. Neither one of can wait until we don't have to drive another 400 mile day.

The cooler weather is upon us. 
I will be riding with hot hands in my gloves today trying to stay warm
This is what I remember the east coast looking like. 
Trees blossoming as far as you can see, knowing as the cool weather comes, the leaves will start to change colors and become even more beautiful.

Trees, trees and more trees

As far as you can see...trees

These are no redwoods, but they will change colors as the cooler weather comes


We arrive at Grandma's!

Fred is exhausted and ecstatic at the same time. His journey across the country has come to an end.

Unfortunately it is not a BRIGHT end. We realize there is no power here. Yeah, Yeah, you didn't think our trip would be easy even at the end. It's not so bad, we have the camper, so Fred starts up the generator and we sit down to a nice supper and Fred searches for candles afterwards.

As I laid down to go to sleep, all of a sudden I didn't hear the neighbors generator anymore, I could hear the crickets chirping and frogs burping. I look out the window and I see a light on, it's the porch light.
YEAH! WE HAVE POWER!!!!!
Fred couldn't be happier. He watched Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert on TV for the first time in a month. He was a happy "camper" LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment