Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28-Leave Granger, Indiana drive to Mercer, Pennsylvania

I didn't have a very good night's sleep. My body, like my gear has been slowly wearing down. As I was taking my shower it hit! A massive shooting pain down my leg. OOHHHHH. Not good. I came back to the camper to ANOTHER breakfast cooked by Freddie. Mmmmm it was delicious. As I sat eating, the pain that had gone away a little had come back with a vengeance! It put me in tears. I rolled on my foam for about 35 minutes and did some yoga moves which made me feel much better.

You guys can still tease me about it, but I now know for sure that I have to eat healthy (when I eat sugar and processed foods, it causes pain, I'm very sensitive to poison in my body). I don't know what it does, but I have to keep doing yoga, it really is a miracle!  And I have to get enough sleep every night. Yes, I'm an old lady, I know it. LOL!

After my little breakdown, we were ready for the trip to PA! We have spoken about it and we are in no way, shape or form excited that the trip is coming to an end. We are still smiling and laughing and still like each other, BUT we are looking forward to getting to Grandma's tomorrow so we don't have to drive anymore. I will spend a day or two there depending on what's happening on Long Island with the big storm. I spoke to a few people today and they said the storm wasn't as bad as they were predicting but there is flooding, trees down and some power outages. I figure there's no rush to get back to that when I can stay in PA and feed the deer from the porch and relax!

At one of our gas stops I attracted another trucker who drives from Michigan (where he lives) to Maryland every other day. He agreed, Chicago traffic is terrible. He asked if it's just as bad as NYC. I told him it is a close second, but NYC definitely has Chicago beat.

The scenery is getting to be the same. Corn fields, hay fields, trees and a body of water every once in a while. Although the roads are getting worse and worse. Why do they put speed bumps in the middle of the roads? As we started paying tolls, the traffic increased, the speed limit decreased and the roads are not taken care of!  My pain is getting worse as the miles continue to build up. It will be good to get back into my routine, sleep and yoga! And Fred is looking forward to relaxing at Grandma's.

We arrived at Mercer, PA in the light! We had a nice dinner, walked up to the store to look around and we are now relaxing. I'm going to get to bed as it is now 10:15! Where does the time go? Tomorrow Fred's trip will come to an end and I will get to relax until the journey back to LI in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on accomplishing your mission!You deserve a rest. Tell Fred we'll see him at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete