Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aug17-Drove from SLC to Bonneville Salt Flats to Wendover, Nevada-I FINALLY DID YOGA!

I went to Yoga for the first time at 6am! I know I'm insane, but it was totally worth it! I feel soooo good!
SLC Yoga. Finally!!!
Second oil change of the trip
Fred had to help with the oil filter, it was really tight.

I did not forget the crusher washer this time! 
I successfully completed my second oil change behind O'Reilly's auto parts store.


The Great Salt Lake

As seen from Fred's shaky hands in the RV

There's one thing you'll never read about in the paper in Utah
You know what is it?
You'll never read about a drowning in the Great Salt Lake!


A BIG pile of salt
They will not have a shortage of salt for the winter

We took a break for lunch and gas in Delle City, Ut.  It's hard to see but there are guys and/or girls riding dirt bikes on a course they made with jumps

We had to stop at the Bonneville Salt Flats

Click on the pic, you can read about the history
Or just look at me LOL

Salt from the salt flats

Getting ready to race

It's weird, it looks like we are standing on snow yet people are in shorts and flip flops.
It's HOT!!!! Fred's temperature gauge says 103 degrees

Ready, Set...

This is an electric bike!

I loved the sound it made when he took off
NONE!!!

See you in 5 miles

WOW! The salt flats are amazing. 

They were doing speed trials. Pretty cool!
I guess he didn't do so well
Nice bike! An old triumph

We are done here
Back on the bike, but not for too long.
Wendover, NV, our destination for today is only 16 miles away

The sunset at Wendover, NV

Even though they don't follow the correct time zone, as you'll read below
the view is amazing!

All the food I made came out delicious! Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmm

We played a couple of games of cribbage. Today was nice. Only had to drive 120 miles and got relax to prepare for the LONG 400 mile drive tomorrow to get to Reno. We have to get to bed. We can't figure out what time it is. Ok, go ahead and laugh BUT..... we are really in the pacific time zone, so it's really 9pm, BUT this campground only exists because of the salt flats which are in Mountain time so we have to "pretend" it's 10pm so we checkout on time. LOL   AND we are trying to stay on Eastern time where it's midnight. We are losing it! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Too much driving, too little resting. Driving in Utah will make you insane. I now know how mirages play tricks on your mind. I saw water...but there was none. The ground glistens in the 103 degree weather we had today. I WAS HOT!!!!!! That's how you know it was brutal outside. LOL

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. hey guys, glad your day wss restful and now have a safe trip to reno...thanks for sharing a great time love u

    ReplyDelete