Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Aug 20th-Leave Boomtown, NV campground drive to North San Francisco

Today we left our least favorite campground of the trip so far. Yes, it was even worse than North Chicago, with the cream water and no laundry due to flooding

 Boomtown may have been the worst campground, but it had the best water hookup!


We drove 217 miles to reach our final destination of this trip, SAN FRANCISCO!!!

I can't believe how BIG the trees are. After driving in Utah, where there is no sign of life to Nevada where there is some forms of dried out bushes, YET the scenery is amazing. The mountains and hills in the distance are surreal! I swear as we are driving it looks like someone painted a backdrop to prepare for a picture!

Big trees of california, they don't even fit in the picture.LOL

I hadn't seen trees in a while.
It felt like I was back in civilization!

I'm trying to capture the size of these beasts

My view as I ride down the road with one hand on the handlebars and one hand gripping my new phone so I don't lose it at 75mph.

There's Fred. Wait up!



The drive in California wasn't too bad until the end where we encountered MORE WIND! It was so bad, I was for the first time nervous I wasn't going to stay on two wheels. During this time we had to go over this HUGE bridge. Do you know the feeling you get when you are on  a roller coaster ride in the beginning and it's going up and up and up and up and the anticipation is killing you? Well, I actually got butterflies going up the one side of the bridge as the wind was blowing so hard. As I crested the top I got a slight feeling of relief. I thought "Ok, I made it this far, I'm going to make it down the rest!" And I did. I have ridden 4100 miles so far. I don't want to be negative, but that's a lot of miles without incident. Yeah, we've had a few not so fun things happen but nobody has gotten hurt, so it's been funny! No negative thoughts!

We arrived at what we think is the nicest campground of the trip. There is so much to do here! Tomorrow we are taking the "San Francisco Tour" which leaves from the campground. We will walk on the Golden Gate Bridge, sip Tea in the Japanese Tea Garden, shop in Chinatown and visit the Cable Car Barn, have lunch on our own at the Fisherman's Wharf, see Presidio, Cliff house, ocean beach, seal rocks, golden gate park, nob hill, Victorian houses, opera house, Embarcadero center, Symphony Hall, North Beach, Palace of Fine Arts and the "Crookedest street in the world". WOW!!! That's what the flyer says.

So, I'm off to bed. I will try to get the pics uploaded tomorrow. This takes so much time! But I'm glad we are able to share our adventure with you and we hope you are enjoying our travels! Don't forget to leave us comments. Remember either make a google account OR leave an anonymous comment but don't forget to put your name in it so we know who you are. Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment