Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8th-Day to relax, OR so we thought!

Hey there bloggers!
Today, Fred and I decided to sleep in late, which we did, until 9am here in Chicago, 10am eastern time. We played on our computers, had some breakfast and finally around 12:30 we headed out to get me a new phone, which was successful!!! (And thankfully I've been updating it because of the blog, so when i plugged the new one in today, I have all my info back. YEAH!!!) As we were finishing up, the very helpful girl at the counter said, "it looks like it's going to rain" (can you guess why I just added that?)

We went to Napa auto parts so I can do an oil change on my moto and keep that running in good condition. The guy didn't have the oil filter but said "I can get it" Which i thought meant he can order it, but for some reason I asked "when" and he said "in about an hour" So we went on our way to Best Buy to successfully get a mini memory card reader so we can add the pics from Fred's phone. If you go back and look we added pics to hockey hall of fame and greenville village posts.

Then it was off to Radio Shack to unsuccessfully get a car phone charger for Fred. As we were leaving it started to drizzle....YEP....next came the rain. Since we were already wet, we decided to stop at Walmart and pick up a few things including the car charger! Yeah, that was good! But then it was back out into the rain. Oh did I mention, neither one of us were wearing rain gear.
Since we were already wet, we decided to go back to Napa and get the oil change materials,The guy at the counter said "We haven't gotten this much rain in 144 years" WOW, how lucky are we? LOL We got back to the campground and all we could both think of is getting into dry clothes.  My boots were so waterlogged I was sqoooooshing as I walked. It reminded me of the puddles I had in the elbows of my jacket, JUST YESTERDAY!

Fred opens the door to the camper and what do we see? The curtain that separates the front seats to the back was soaked with a nice puddle of water smiling up at us. LMAO!!!!! Fred had opened the roof vent because the fire alarm was going off while I was making bfast and he forgot to close it. SO...............Once again we are cleaning up yet another spill. Can you believe it? We can't! And just so you know all the towels that we used the first day are still wet and waiting for us to do laundry. Which brings us to our next adventure.

You'd think doing laundry would be easy. Not for us. We walk to the laundry room and find a note
 The sign on the door of the laundry room said. "LAUNDRY ROOM CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING" I thought this must be a joke. I walked into the office and the guy there said "Ya see, the washers drain into the ground over there by the playground. When the ground is saturated like it is now, the water flows back into the washers causing a flood.  I just went out there and I can "see" the water is going down. As long as it doesn't rain anymore tonight the laundry room will be open first thing in the morning."
So back to the camper is it with the smelly towels (here you see a pic from the first day of flooding back in Grand Island,NY) our wet clothes from today and all the rest of our laundry. What will tomorrow bring? That I don't know, but I can tell you it's raining again, so laundry is out of the question. 


No comments:

Post a Comment