Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 2nd-Hockey Hall of Fame ~ Toronto, Canada

Woke up early went to the post office, they said come back at 10am, that's when the next truck comes. My passport came just as Deb promised. Then we hopped in the camper and started off to Toronto, Canada. After taking a "scenic route" we arrived in the city. Now the next problem was where to park the camper? Imagine driving a 23 foot camper into NYC. Well that's exactly what we did. Of course we couldn't fit in the underground garages and when we found an open parking garage, the guy told me it would cost $80 for the day and we had to fit down an alleyway that you couldn't get a car to go down. So we drove around some more and found the Sheraton Hotel which had a high entranceway. I haggled with one of the attendants and got to park for $30. Then we were off to the Hockey Hall of Fame.
 Here's Fred at the entrance
 My favorite goalie-Patrick Roy
My favorite goalie as a 7'6'' statue
Fred's boy-Mike Bossy

The "REAL" Stanley Cup
We won the cup!!!
 Who can pass this huge statue without a pic
Not I!
This place is awesome! James you totally have to go here. 

When we were done, I was FREEZING and we were both hungry. We found this restaurant. 
The obika mozzarella bar
Their mozzarella only comes from Itlay from special buffalos
Fred got a sandwhich with pancetta, mozz and arugala. I had the veg pizza with smoked mozz. It was sooo good! The cheese tasted like it came out of a fire, the way a marshmallow tastes after roasting it. 
Mmmm Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm
Then we walked around. You see that building in the middle of the pic? Does it look familiar? If you've been in the flatiron district in NYC you'll see one very similar to it! 
Then it was back to the camper and back to America.

You don't think that was easy.....not on this trip. I decided to take a nap and told Fred just stay on the QEW and that will bring you back to the border, which it did, but not the border NORTH of Grand Island, where we were staying. We crossed the border near Buffalo, NY, which is South of Grand Island. We did not know this when we crossed so we got onto I-90 going South, toward what we thought we be the campground, but we kept seeing signs to Buffalo and realized something must be wrong. I looked on my phone and I said "my phone thinks we are near Buffalo!!! It must be wrong" Until further investigation, I realized that we needed to get off the QEW and take rt 403 to the border North of Grand Island. It was another adventure to add to our trip. Can anything be easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment