Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aug 10th-Leave North Chicago heading through Wisconsin to Minnesota-First Oil Change!


This was the shower in KOA North Chigaco. There was a button. They had total control. We could not control the temperature nor the duration. We had to keep pressing the button to continue our shower. Let's say this was not our favorite campground.  You'll see in the next picture why we didn't have to use cream after the shower. They must have water sofner in the water. We got out of the shower and still felt a film on us. ICK!
Here's the water. Can you see it's milky white?
I found a shop that allowed me to do my first oil change.
Karsten's Quick Lube

I made a little mess on the black top
And of course that didn't go too smooth. As Fred was pouring the oil out of the pan, he said "Oh there's your washer" We got out of Karsten's and I was having a bit of my first breakdown. I was wearing sneakers because my boots were still wet from the other day. My phone had no music on it so I had nothing to listen to and now I was worried I was going to "go down" because I'm dumb and didn't check the crusher washer like I was told to do so many times and now oil may leak down perfectly to end up on my back wheel. Fred was awesome and kept his cool and calmed me down. 
We ended up at Walmart where we did a little shopping and I was able to correct the problem. I felt much better and we were on our way through Wisconsin to Minnesota.

Wisconsin was amazing. WOW!!! So much corn is grown in the US. We stopped in Wisconsin Dells for gas and a lunch break. Fred and I both looked at each other with wide eyes and big smiles, we both had the same thought in our heads! Let's stay!!! There is a lot of amusement parks here.  It's one we will have to go back to one day.

As we crossed into Minnesota, the sun was in my eyes, I could feel my face getting burnt and up until this time I couldn't wait for the sun to go down, then it hit me......THE COLD!!!!
We were driving along the Mississippi River and it was absolutely beautiful. Mountains on one side the river on the other. I wish I could take pics, but all I could think of as the sun went behind mountains was "come back out sun, blind me, burn me, I'm freezing!!!!" I couldn't believe how cold it was. The sights were beautiful and we were close to our destination.
We got to Rochester, Minnesota and FINALLY we did our laundry!!!!!!!!
Horahhhh. We were SO happy. Finally we have towels back!

1 comment: