Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aug 15-Mt Rushmore to Cheyenne Wyoming


Good bye Mt Rushmore KOA
An awesome campground 6 miles south of Mt Rushmore!


This seems to be a too familiar position!
I'm fixing the tie down for the scooter

I'm smiling for this one!

Look at the view. It's amazing!
Good bye Mount Rushmore area


The mountains are surreal

Farms
More farms

Wait for me!!!!
More farmland


This was the worst ride of the trip for me so far. I was poisoned by noxious weeds being burned. I didn't think the wind could get worse from South Dakota, boy was I wrong! 

We just drove though that fire. They are burning noxious weeds! I was having a very hard time breathing and I almost threw up! I knew something was wrong, I didn't find out until we arrived in Lusk
Here's another pic of the how Wyoming tried to poison me

Hay fields

They are huge bundles

I can't get over how many hay bales there are! 
Cattle farms

These are fences built to block the snow and wind
I've learned when you see these fences and wind mill farms, it's going to be windy, so HOLD ON!

We stopped for gas in Lusk, Wyoming. Nice little town. Had awesome pizza at "The Pizza Place" which won the "Best Pizza in Wyoming in 2011 by USA today"


Voted the best pizza in Wyoming by USA today.
 The cheese was really good on the pizza! 
The special of the day was a smoked salmon salad. 
It didn't even need dressing! We make awesome choices! 
Mmmmm Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmmm
This was on the table. Look at how cheap the land is out here.
Believe me! You don't want to live out here. 
There are poisonous weeds and the wind is horrendous!

Fred reminiscing by the old bottles

Then we went to the Stagecoach Museum. A must visit in Lusk, it's about the only thing to do and it was  a must see! 
         
Fred dragged me into the Stagecoach Museum 
I'm so glad he did! It was really cool


I'm ready for my chariot!
Hey Ang, Tim and James: Does this look familiar?
I think we had every one of these things in our house growing up

Clothing worn by people in the Old West

Check out Freds groovy coat!

One of two original stagecoaches
Letter confirming the gift 

Sketch of the coach
  Different Wires of the old West  
Guns from the wild wild west
Giddy up!

                        A very old gun found by Tim DeVeny on the Old Texas Trail in 1920.
.44 cal cap and ball-Civil War Issue

I had to take a picture of some girly stuff
Dolls with clothing from this era
I do like the Indian girl, top left of the picture

                     
Here I am doing yoga in front of the original pharmacy 
   A cool safe. Reminds me of the one in Middle Island
Materials used by physicians and surgeons back in the day


After a much needed break, we're back on the road to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Here comes the train. I can't fit it into one picture. 
You have to see the number of cars being pulled. 
There has to be at least 100 cars with all different types of materials

Look at those mountains in the back!
Now we are driving through them

We can't get over the amount of land that is out here

It goes on forever

Another reminder of noxious weeds being burned and poisoning me

Someone owns all this land!

Look it's something other than land!
Water does exist out here

People buy pictures like this
We get them ourselves :-)

It's breath-taking

Imagine living out here?
Land is cheap! Ha ha ha

This seems way too shaped to be natural
Is someone up to something behind that structure? There's nothing for miles and miles and miles
You could do whatever you want out here. Go back and check out those land prices again
Cheap, cheap, cheap!
We finally made it to Cheyenne, Wyoming
Look cheyenne, it's your KOA!
Can you see the rain in the background. 
This reminded me of the time I was on the boat with my brother and we could see water spouts in the distance
Here's a better picture.
Can you believe we made it BEFORE it rained on us?
Is our luck changing? LOL

After eating, we went food shopping. We really needed to go! If you've ever seen a refrigerator in a camper you know how small it is and when I tell you it was empty, you know we were in desperate need of supplies. 



I woke up at 1:30, the wind was blowing so bad, the camper was swaying like a boat in the water. I contemplated tying my bike to the camper, and thought "oh that's silly" and then I remembered the last time I had that thought, so I tied it up for the night, was able to get some sleep and when I woke up it was still sitting on two wheels.


No comments:

Post a Comment