Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

July 31-We leave NY-Finally!!!

After many long nights of getting the bike and scooter ready for the trip, thank you Warren, I get two hours of sleep and wake up to Fred telling me the toilet is not working. The gears in the back have finally broke but I can manually flush. As I get ready, fred goes and gets us some breakfast. 
After breakfast we get ready for our first long ride of the trip 420 miles to our first destination, Grand Island, NY.It's located 7 miles from Niagara Falls.
Our Mascot, thanks mom 

On the way up we completed about 300 miles and I was literally falling asleep at the "handlebars" I had to take a nap, which worked out perfectly because just as I laid down it started to rain and when Fred woke me up 30 minutes later, the rain had stopped. I thought "WOW, how lucky am I?" Riding in the rain sucks!

As we continued our journey, the sun was beating on my face so bad I knew if I didn't do something, I was going to be sunburned BAD! They say Necessity is the mother of invention. So I took the only thing I had available, my glove, and shoved it in my helmet at 70mph and covered as much of my face as possible. It may look funny, but i worked! 

WE FINALLY ARRIVE AT THE CAMPGROUND. 
I'm so tired, all I want to do is relax, but we have to hookup the camper. Fred plugs in the power, no problems...then he connects the water, as he goes inside, I say "Fred it's leaking out here" He came out and tightened the hoses and stopped the leak. Then I go inside and I hear more water leaking so I look over at where I hear the noise and there is water flowing out of the toilet. I say Fred "There's another leak in here" We used many, many, many towels to clean up the mess. Ok, so now I think everything is good and I can finally relax...you guessed it, NOT YET!
I saw Fred had out the water, I asked him if he could pour me a drink, he's says sure, as he reaches to grab the jug, YEP, it gets knocked over and yet, another mess to clean up. LOLOLOL!!!! The first mess was annoying, this was just funny! It's all cleaned up and we can finally relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment