Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7th ~ KOA Northwest Chicago, Illinois

We drove 337 miles to get to the KOA in Northwest Chicago. The first rain we encountered was in Michigan. Fred was nice enough to pull over so I could put on my rain gear. We checked the weather map and saw a HUGE green patch with orange and yellow passing right where we were driving. The storm was heading east as we were heading west. By the time we got back on the road, the storm had mostly passed. I was very happy! That was the only storm i could see on the map.

BUT.....you don't think it was over. As we passed around Chicago in terrible traffic, worse than NY, if you can imagine that. We looked up and saw a nasty dark cloud ahead of us. You know what happened next, it started pouring!!!! Once again I have not yet used the rain-x or fog-x sitting in camper. By this time, I had taken off my rain gear and there was no place to pull over, so I got soaked so bad I had puddles in my jacket at my elbows. I had my phone in my pocket... Do you know where I'm headed? You know it! My phone is waterlogged, hence the reason there are no photos on the last post nor this one. I tried to blow dry it, but it didn't help. I think I'm going to have to break down and upgrade to the 4G! I should be back on the phone lines tomorrow. We are planning on RESTING!!!! It's now 1:37am CENTRAL time, yet, where you are it's 2:37am. We needed to get this blog up and running, get our scrap book in order and we want to sleep as late as we want, catch up with laundry (hopefully the washer and dryer will not break LOL) and relax. We've been on the move and it's time to take a break.

Tuesday we plan on going to Chicago. There is SO much to do and NOT enough time. We'll make a plan tmw. Ok, I realize I'm rambling. I hope we have entertained you so far. Off to bed! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment